Career Opportunities in Minneapolis:
Manager of Information Technology
Messerli & Kramer P.A., a mid-sized law firm, seeks a highly skilled, team oriented IT Manager. This is a great opportunity to become part of a highly talented team in a great work environment and growing law firm. We offer a competitive salary and benefit program.
This is a management-level position responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination. This role will help the organization understand how to best leverage technology systems and tools to drive efficiency and quality across operations, finance, accounting, marketing, business development, communications and human resources.
- Work with the CFO and Department Chairs to establish and direct information technology goals, policies and operational procedures for the Firm within broad outlines provided by the Board of Directors.
- Lead IT operational planning to achieve business goals, prioritize IT initiatives, utilize project management skills to monitor, manage and report on IT initiatives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing staff, who support administrative computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers and every level of management.
- Provide technological guidance within the organization by identifying user needs and resolving problems.
- Assess, maintain and monitor cloud based solutions ensuring continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Propose hardware/software acquisitions, maintenance contracts and manage agreements. Assist in the evaluation of technology solutions and participate in the planning and roll-out of new tools.
- Review, maintain and execute enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Coordinate and ensure system security is operating effectively and systems adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and assist with managing the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain high caliber IT services staff.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Management, and or a related field or equivalent skills and abilities.
- 10 plus years of experience with vendor management and governance.
- Experience with integration due to a merger or acquisition. Experience managing IT through growth via merger, acquisition, expanding into new businesses, and opening new facilities.
- Experience in legal, accounting or management consulting firm.
- Demonstrated ability to interact as a leader in a team-building environment with a wide variety of individuals from diverse disciplines, cultures and experience.
- Time management skills coupled with the ability to coordinate and prioritize a variety of projects while marshaling the resources necessary to accomplish them.
- Results-oriented, inclusive management style, with the leadership skills needed to lead by example, empower, and motivate staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Ability to identify emerging shifts in the business environment and assess the economic implications through competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive in the market.
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence and organizational savvy. Strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to translate business strategy into pragmatic action plans.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and high volume workload. Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Must have unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards and will be required to ensure security and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of the following technology stacks to be able to evaluate technical solutions:
- Networking (switches, routers, traffic shaping, telcom offerings)
- Voice technologies (call trees, VOIP)
- Server (Windows Servers, Virtualized server environments)
- 3rd party application integration and application architecture including SQL integration
- Desktop infrastructure (virtual desktops, remote applications, VPN services, desktop lifecycle management)
- Management of IT across several sites, including sites out of state.
- Strong working knowledge of the following processes:
- Portfolio Management
- Information Security
- Helpdesk Management & ITIL
- Vendor Management and Procurement
If you would like to join us, please send resume and salary expectations to:
Messerli & Kramer P.A.
Attention: Carin Del Fiacco