John Harper III (Jack) is a Shareholder of Messerli & Kramer P.A. His practice focuses primarily on complex business litigation and consulting with business owners and boards of directors. Working on behalf of businesses large and small, Jack counsels clients on a wide range of business issues and disputes such as shareholder derivative claims, disputes among business owners (ie. minority shareholder disputes,) breach of contract, investment fraud, bankruptcy claw back adversary proceedings, officer and director liability, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Drawing from over 38 years experience as a business litigator, Jack provides counsel to business owners directors regarding risk management assessment, strategic planning, and fiduciary duty. Jack provides an honest assessment of his client’s legal position, claims, and defenses and devises a strategy and course of action in line with each client’s business objectives and financial resources.
Jack's philosophy is 24/7 service. He is proactive, accessible, responsive, and a zealous advocate. He has obtained multimillion dollar verdicts, decisions, and awards on behalf of his clients and has successfully defended clients around the country achieving defense verdicts and just resolution of cases with multimillion dollar exposure.
Jack has been named a “Super Lawyer” year after year, and was a Minnesota Lawyer “Attorney of the Year” in 2011.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. (1977)
- College of St. Thomas, B.A. (1973)
- American Arbitration Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor
Click here for a printable bio