Kristy is an accomplished litigator with Messerli & Kramer’s Business Litigation Group. She focuses her practice on assisting business owners in the areas of employment law, construction law, contract disputes, and landlord-tenant matters. As an experienced litigator, Kristy has represented clients in state and federal courts in Minnesota, including appellate and arbitration proceedings. Her objective is not only a successful resolution in the courtroom, but also anticipating and avoiding legal disputes whenever possible. Kristy works closely with clients to identify their business needs and risks before matters reach the litigation stage.
Kristy is a trusted advisor to her employer clients, working closely with them to identify and manage employee-related concerns.
- Guides companies through human resource issues, such as drafting and enforcing non-compete agreements and other employment agreements.
- Counsels clients to comply with state and federal employment laws including the FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
- Assists clients with drafting employee handbooks and other policies.
- Works with clients to manage internal employee complaints and with responding to employee claims of discrimination.
- Counsels clients through resolving contract and payment disputes.
- Guides clients through internal investigations, including harrassment investigations.
- Provides counsel to clients on difficult termination decisions.
- Counsels clients to develop best practices for their business in hiring decisions and throughout the employment relationship.
Kristy also advises on various construction law matters, working to address the specific needs of clients throughout the construction industry.
- Assists contractors and subcontractors in drafting construction agreements.
- Guides clients through preserving mechanic’s lien rights.
- Works with clients to manage landlord-tenant matters, helping property owners handle such areas as evicting tenants and rebutting fair-housing complaints.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D, magna cum laude
- University of Minnesotan B.A.
Click here for a printable bio