Among the services that Messerli & Kramer provides in assisting businesses in their pursuit of success is protecting and developing their intellectual property. The attorneys who work in this practice area know that in today’s knowledge-based economy, these intangible assets are every bit as important as traditional assets such as real estate, equipment, and a trained workforce. As such, intellectual property must be recognized and safeguarded for their clients to build or maintain a competitive advantage.
While intellectual property is abstract, our attorneys take a very pragmatic approach to providing services their clients need. They assist clients in establishing legal rights to their creative work products through registration, reseller agreements, licensing, trade-secret agreements, and publishing contracts among other methods. When needed, they enforce clients’ intellectual property rights judiciously, pursuing litigation if needed, or guard clients against claims of intellectual property rights infringement.
Above all, the attorneys at Messerli & Kramer in this practice area help clients better visualize the areas of their businesses that represent intellectual property so they can work to ensure it remains the property of the client -- exclusively.
Our intellectual property and technology attorneys offer services in a wide range of practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Technology Agreements
- Professional Services
- Managed Services and Outsourcing
- Technology Support
- Data Privacy and Data Security
- eCommerce Services
- Service Level Agreements (SLA's) for systems maintenance
- Intellectual Property, including registrations/applications, assessments and/or assignments
- Trade Secret
- Opposition/cancellation proceedings, enforcement counseling and actions, and litigation.
- Software/Hardware and Licensing
- Complex Licenses, including SOWs and support services
- Client-hosted, ASP and Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements
- Software Development Agreement
- Source Code Escrows
- End User License Agreements
- Resellers Agreements
- Hardware Purchase/Lease
- Internet Agreements
- Privacy Policies
- Hosting, including cloud computing
- Representing Developers of Mobile Applications